APPLICATIONS OPEN April 1st, 2017 & applicants will be selected on a rolling basis.
How is the WERISE NETWORK groundbreaking?
- Women everywhere, are stronger united than divided. In creating an organization that allows women to come together in solidarity as well as empower their communities– we are a force that encourages women to understand their agency, defy all odds, and pave the way for the future generation.
Members of the WERISE NETWORK:
- ATTEND THE ANNUAL CONFERENCE (NYC 2017 & 2018)
- RECEIVE THE TOOLS, RESOURCES, AND TRAINING TO START A DARE TO DREAM INITIATIVE IN THEIR COMMUNITY
- MEET NATIONWIDE LEADERS FROM VARIOUS FIELDS (I.E BUSINESS, STEM, POLITICS)
What is the WERISE NETWORK?
- A NATIONWIDE NETWORK OF WOMEN LEADERS
- AWARDING SCHOLARSHIPS TO MEMBERS EXCELLING IN SERVICE & DEMONSTRATING SCHOLASTIC ACHIEVEMENT
- PROVIDING COLLEGE WOMEN WITH LEADERSHIP TRAINING & MENTORSHIP
- ASSISTING IN PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
- EQUIPPING MEMBERS WITH ENTREPRENEURSHIP SKILLS
- SUPPORTING COMMUNITIES THROUGH SUSTAINABLE INITIATIVES
Who is eligible to start a chapter?
- Rising sophomores and juniors attending four-year accredited colleges/universities
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
What does the application consist of?
There are four sections in the application:
- General Information (name, email, school, etc.)
- Leadership Roles (work experience, community service, honors & awards, special programs, etc.)
Section 3 — Getting to Know You
- Before completing this section, it is essential you go to http://webelieve.nyc/dare-to-dream-program/ to take a look at the groundbreaking Dare to Dream Initiative that WEBelieve is recognized for creating.
- There is a 300 word maximum for each answer
- Question 1: Why WEBelieve? (Please use this as an opportunity to share why you are interested in the organization)
- Question 2: If you had the opportunity to solve a local or global problem, what would it be and why?
- Question 3: Imagine you are given the opportunity to join the network and thus selected to be a teacher, leader, and mentor of the Dare to Dream Program. What is one activity or class you would incorporate into the program? (You can choose to think of an activity related to the three existing subjects Core Class, Positive Mindset to Success and STEM To Beauty or you can choose an unrelated activity)
- Question 4 (optional): Share a time you’ve overcome an obstacle or hardship in your life. How has that shaped you into the person you are today?
Section 4 — Two Recommenders
- If chosen to advance to the next level of the selection process, your recommenders will be contacted. One must be an academic/faculty member. Another should be a community leader, employer, or mentor who can speak on your leadership skills)